Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Almost a year ago....

I took the kids to Old Sacramento to have lunch, walk along the river and enjoy the trains at the Railroad museum.  We came across a store called TrailMix.Net, it was so cute.  It was full of outdoor stuff for kids.  They had hands on projects the kids could do and lots of science filled activies to buy.  Well, Mason found a tadpole habitat and just had to have it.  I thought it would be cute to get a couple tadpoles and watch as they mophed into frogs!  The boys would love it.  Little did I know that the tadpoles would take almost a year to arrive.  We baught the tadpoles in June of 2010 and just now after many months of endless emails and phone calls recieved two of the cutest tadpoles ever.  The story on why they took so long to arrive is a whole other story that I won't bore you with, lets just say we are so thrilled to have them and can't wait to watch as they grow legs and eventually loose thier tails.  I took some pictures of their arrivial here they are...







Edited on June 30th to say...

It is with great sadness that I write to report that both of our cute little tadpoles did not live long enough to experience life on this earth as a frog :(  We were so sad to watch as our tadpoles were just not strong enough to live.  I am sure that we will embark on some new adventure soon...I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. YAH, blog more! Love the pics and keeping up on your details!! Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete