Monday, October 24, 2011

Makayla turns 2...and I can't believe she is all mine!

If she wasn't here with me every day...I don't think I would believe she was mine.  I still look at her in complete awe, thanking God for an answered prayer!  I find myself thinking that exact thought very often.  How blessed I am to be the mom of the three most incredibly amazing kids!

Today my little girl turned 2!  I know it sounds so cliche, but where oh where has the time gone?  Two sounds so big and it still feels as though I just brought her home from the hospital.  I don't know what year 2 of a little girl will look like or sound like.  I have two boys and I have learned so very quick that little boys and little girls are so very different!  I remember when I was a little girl and how I loved my Mom so much and how she was my whole world and everything in it.  I hope that I can be everything that you need me to be at 2.  I promise to do my very best. 

Your hair is getting so long, you are able to communicate so well now using big words (for a 2 year old) and using them correctly!  I really want to remember the small things about you today, the things that make you you.  Makayla you love to watch Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego Go!  They are your favorite TV shows!  You will walk around and say "Swiper, no swiping...Oh, man!"  A very famous line from Dora!  You can sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and the Itsy Bitsy Spider.  You know all your colors and can count to 10.  Every time I put a dress on you, you spin around in a circle and say "I am a princess!"  You have many friends that you play with at the park, and you miss them something fierce when they aren't there.  Even at 2 you need your friends, and make it known by singing made up songs that sound something like "I LUV my friends, I LUV my friends!"  If we go to the park and Lauren, Sierra, Kate, Chris, Sam, Carmen, Brenley, Brenna, Kiera, Taylor, baby Harper, Brooklyn, Avila or Alannah aren't there, you hang your head and pout and walk around miserable until one of them shows up!  You love pink, and you love nail polish, you want to get your ears pierced so you can wear ear rings, you love babies (the dolls and the real ones alike) and you mother them so perfectly!  You are easy going and are easily talked into most things (not all things, but most).  You LOVE chocolate and ice cream!  You love to tell me "Mommy, be happy" & "You are the BEST mom in the whole wide world".  You love to snuggle and you love Mickey and Minnie Mouse just about as much as I do!  You learned to ride a bike at 2 1/2 and by 25 months you were using the potty!  When we finally made it to your 2 year Dr. appointment when you were 2 1/2 you weighed 30 lbs. and were a very tall 36 1/4 inches.  While I am noticing a some dark strands of hair mixed in with your creamy white-blond locks you remain my little toe head! 

I am loving you at 2, you are growing into such a well rounded little girl.  I am anxious about what the years will hold and excited about the journey that awaits us.  You are perfect in every way, a blessing that arrived after years of hoping and an endless supply of love, laughter, joy and pride! 

Here you are at 2...    



No comments:

Post a Comment