Thursday, March 25, 2010

1 Month old today

This was posted on the photography blog on November 24th. I wanted to post it here too...to be included in our Blub book.

Makayla turnes 1 month old today and here she is shortly after she was born. I still have to pinch myself every now and again, it is real that I have a daughter! She is such a sweet baby only crying when she needs something. She is doing really well at night waking twice to eat and then going right back to sleep. I am so enjoying her and I thank God for her every day. She is an answer to prayer, and I will never forget that. I hold her while she sleeps and smell her hair every chance I get for I know all to well how short a time I have with her while she is little. They grow way too fast and then you forget...what they smelled like, the noises they made, the sleep and wake patterns they had, the way their hair stands up no matter what you do to tame it and every single little quirky thing that makes them who they are. I wish so much that I could put my real life on hold...just for now, just for while she is so little. Oh how I would love to curl up with her and never put her down for a second. When they are new, they are squishy and soft and the smell...there is nothing in the whole wide world like it.

My little girl turned 1 month today, and while there is joy with that there is also fear that just like my boys, she too will grow way to fast. There is fear that one day I will stop and look at her and remember the day she was born and think to myself where did the time go. So for now I will just enjoy her, I will spend a little more time rocking her in the middle of the night, I will squeeze her a little tighter and I will take in every little piece of her so I won't forget...forget the newness of her, the smell, the sound, the feelings I have and I will tuck them away in hopes that when she is big I will remember. ~fara

Makayla Grace born October 24th, 2009 at 12:35am, weighing 7 lbs. 13 oz. and measuring 19 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment