Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It was all a joke!!!

So it was a cold and blustery day, me and the kids were at Mason's T-ball practice.  I was pushing Makayla around in the stroller trying to pass the time when I looked over to find Matthew sitting on a swing with his head down looking sad.  He truly looked like he was sad about something.  So I walked over to him and this is the dialog that was exchanged verbatim...

Me..."Matthew what's the matter?"
Matthew..."Mom I'm sad..."
Me..."Why are you sad?"
Matthew..."I'm sad...and I'm not suppose to be sad until I'm 35 and figure out that I'm working for THE MAN!"
Me...Totally confused...can't believe what just came out of my 9 year olds mouth!
Matthew...***laughing***
Me...Oh...I get it, it was a joke!  Where in the world does he come up with these funny things.

I couldn't help but laugh and laugh, Matthew says some of the funniest things sometimes!  I just love his sense of humor and often find myself asking him for more.  I hate that he is getting so big and I miss my little Du-dee...but I am also so proud of the young man that he is growing up to be.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!! That is funny!!
    Did you see I updated my blog list, you're on top...temporarily. You're going to love your BLURB book, great job on recording the little things too!
    Oh ya, check out this post from a blog I love:
    http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2010/03/days-of-our-lives.html

    Great, huh?

    ReplyDelete